Sunday, November 1, 2009

sunday!!!!

Today, dad took us to the Redmond gym for five hours. Once we were there, Baptiste met us. We started by doing a full gym traverse, then a v1-,v1+,v2-,and a v2+. After that, we started our old ad on. It took me about five try's, to get it, three on the sloper, one moving off of the sloper, and one on the la rose at the top. Me and Baptiste started another ad-on (except we planned the whole route before we started), and this one was harder than ever. Baptiste and I spent about three hours on that problem.

Later on, I started leading. I was working on this 5:12b/c, and I fell on this move from a sloper to a crimp, and it was a dead point. It was really hard because I was 2 inches short, and I couldn't clip the next quick-draw. I was really scared at that point, because if I fell, I would slam into the wall and It would hurt A LOT. Well, I fell going to the crimp 6 times, and the consequences for not getting the move was slamming into the wall, 15 feet below.
After that we went to work on our project problem, but no success. Then Baptiste had to leave, and anyway, I was pooped myself, so I told dad that I was done. I packed my bags, grabed my rope and headed out to the car and waited for dad and my siblings to come.

2 comments:

  1. Drew, several of my friends are following your blog and think you write and describe things very well. Sounds like you are in tip top shape. Love, Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you fell 6 times...you got jarred but not hurt...

    Lesson: Focus on the move and stick it...don't worry about the fall, if you stick the move (and you know you could cuz you did it on a toprope already) the fall is immaterial...

    Also, you could have put a longer draw on the bolt so that you could clip from a stable stance...

    Brains, not brawns...

    Love,
    your fat old dad!

    ReplyDelete